Friday, November 27, 2009

Using Myspace through a Proxy and a Watchguard Firewall...?

Before I get an overflow of people telling me how proxying is such a taboo, understand that I'm not trying to break through a school firewall. The answer I seek would be of no use to a teenager, however myspace is a perfect site to use for testing of my project. I'd like to make the firewall block the site completely, but keep a hole there that I can proxy through when I want. So far, blocking it has been the easy part.



I'm a hobbyist who bought a used, Watchguard Firewall off of E-Bay from a school. So I'm playing with this thing trying to figure it out and learn. Currently, I have myspace.com blocked, but can still proxy out to it.



Everything seems to work, except I can not respond to messages I receive while proxied through. I click reply, but nothing happens. Is this normal, or is a setting on the Firewall forbidding this. If I can't figure it out, I'll just lift the block from my home network.



Using Myspace through a Proxy and a Watchguard Firewall...?

could setting of watchguard firewall



Using Myspace through a Proxy and a Watchguard Firewall...?

unblock.cc



blacklightsociety.com/proxy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
phone